Hi there! This Privacy Notice explains how we, at ConvertCalculator, process information about the visitors of our users’ embedded calculators. Read on!
Hi there! We are the guys behind ConvertCalculator.com, a embeddable web calculator that let's your create calculators (e.g. price quote calculators) to be embedded on your website.
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide through our product as our "Users" and we’ll refer to our Users’ embedded calculators (e.g. on our users websites) as "Calculators". Visitors to those Calculators can read published content and interact with the Calculators.
Alright, with those introductions out of the way, let’s turn to how we collect, use, and share information about visitors to our Users’ Calculators.
We collect information about visitors to our Users’ Calculators in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to the Calculator, we collect some information automatically, and we collect any information that our Users provide to us about their visitors.
Information a Visitor Provides to a Calculator
We’ll start with information that visitors provide directly to a Calculator, which primarily happens when visitors type or interact with a field on a Calculator, like typing in information on a type field, uploading a file in a file field or interacting with a question field (slider, clicking etc.). We also collect information when a visitor decides to pay an amount directly from the calculator.
Information We Automatically Collect from the Calculator
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Calculator. The information we automatically collect depends on which of our services the Calculator uses. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Calculator, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Calculator.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Calculator from certain geographic regions.
We use information about Calculator visitors in order to provide our Services to our Users and their Calculators. Our users may use our Services to, for example, create and manage their Calculator, sell products and services via their Calculator, and collect information through form submits.
We may also use and share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify any individual. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
We may share information collected about Calculator visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose Calculator visitor information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our services to our Users and their Calculators, or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that we share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share Calculator visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to our Users and their Calculators. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose Calculator visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Calculator visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ConvertCalculator, our Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that ConvertCalculator goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, Calculator visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Calculator visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.