Laser Shop Pricing template
Generate more sales and automate your order process with a pricing calculator. Perfect for Laser Cutting Businesses that want to spend more time on their craft and less time on business necessities.
No credit card required
4.8 out of 5 stars
4.8 / 5
"Any website needs a calculator!"
The Laser Cutting Pricing template is perfect for business owners who run a laser cutting & engraving shop. By integrating with the Smidyo Laser-Shop Pricing API (subscription necessary), you can create a calculator that allows leads and your existing customers to upload their drawings, pick a material, and get an instant quote for a manufactured part. This allows you to save time otherwise spent on manually analyzing files and guesstimating how long it will take to process. Kick back, let the automated calculator handle this for you, and focus on running your shop!
Let customers upload designs themselves, and offer them an immediate response in form of a price estimate or exact quote.
Automatically handle and quote your customer’s Illustrator, AutoCAD, EPS, PDF, or SVG files.
Choose whether you wish to email the quotes to the customer, or attach a payment gateway such as Stripe or Snipcart for instant checkout.
TRUSTED BY LASER CUTTING BUSINESSES LIKE YOU WORLDWIDE
Set up instructions for your laser shop pricing
This template is perfect for business owners who offer all sorts of businesses like Laser cutting & engraving shops, Signage shops, Contract manufacturing, Custom engraving shops, Waterjet cutting, and Metal laser cutting.
Note: to use this template successfully, you will need a subscription to Smidyo's Laser-Shop Pricing API.
Since the template does not have a valid Smidyo API key, you can see a working version of the template below.
Getting started is simple. The calculator is set up to do basic pricing from the get-go without major configuration. Just follow these 5 steps to get it up and running:
- Sign up for the Smidyo Laser-Shop Pricing API
Go to Smidyo’s website and sign up for the pricing API required for this template. Smidyo offers a 30-day free trial which you can cancel at any time.
- Receive your unique secret token via email
After signing up, you will receive an email with your secret access token to use the API.
- Add the template to your workspace
To get you up and running quickly, we have created a template in collaboration with Smidyo that contains a default setup that you can easily update to your specific needs.
- Insert your secret token into the template
In the Builder, click the button that says “Analyze file (Configure me with the token)”, and in the sidebar, click the “Connect API” action. Under “Headers”, and “Authorization”, replace “< TOKEN >” with the token you have received from Smidyo.
Follow the same steps with the button that says “Estimate price (Configure me with the token)” in the calculator.
- Try it out!
You can now preview your calculator, and try uploading a file. If everything is set up correctly, it should start giving you instant quotes.
Customise the template to your workshop's needs.
Adding materials is done through a datasheet variable called “MATERIALS”. You can find this by opening up the expanded formula builder. Locate the “MATERIALS” datasheet in the bottom right.
You can find a set of example materials in this datasheet. The columns are initially set up according to the following:
- A. The ID of the material. This should be incremented by one for every row.
- B. The name of the material
- C. The M2 price of the material
- D. The cutting speed of the material (in mm/s)
- E. The scoring speed of the material (in mm/s)
- F. The engraving speed of the material (in mm/s)
- G. The engraving DPI of the material
You can add more materials, or change the existing ones in the editor.
As you can see, the template includes a section at the end with all the estimated times returned from the Smidyo API. You can remove or hide this section from your customer, or choose to display certain sections to give your customer a clear breakdown of how the price is calculated.
You can also calibrate these times to match your machine. In the template, working backward from the total price, we can see how the price is calculated.
The Total Price can be seen in the formula in the “Total” formula element. It is UNITP multiplied by the Quantity (QTY) (which comes from the “Quantity” input element)
Part Unit Price (UNITP) is the price of one part. It is the Part Material Price (MATPRICE), added to the Part Cutting Price (CUTPRICE), Part Scoring Price (SCOPRICE), and Part Engraving Price (ENGPRICE). It is then discounted by Quantity Discount (QTYDIS).
Quantity Discount (QTYDIS) is a simple formula based on Quantity (QTY), which returns a discount percentage based upon the quantity the customer has set.
Part Cutting Price (CUTPRICE) & Part Scoring Price (SCOPRICE) is the Part Cutting Seconds (CUTSEC) and Part Scoring Seconds (SCOSEC) respectively, multiplied by your Machine's Hourly Rate (HRATE).
Part Engraving Price (ENGPRICE) is the Part Engraving Time (ENGSEC) multiplied by your hourly rate.
Part Cutting Seconds (CUTSEC) & Part Scoring Seconds (SCOSEC) represent how much time your machine spends on cutting and scoring. These formulas take into account two values returned by the Smidyo API:
scoringTime and cuttingRapids / scoringRapids.
scoringTimerepresents how many seconds your machine actually spends cutting and scoring.
scoringRapidsrepresents how many times the laser needs to move cut-to-cut. You can see that in the formula, we apply an average of 0.2 seconds per move.
You can calibrate these times by adjusting two things.
- On the Connect API action of the “Estimate price” button, you can adjust the vectorJerkFactor parameter. This value sets how fast the machine accelerates around tight turns. For a fast-accelerating, nimble machine, you can put a higher value. For a slower-accelerating, bulky machine, you can lower the value.
- You can adjust the number of seconds added for every rapid movement (cuttingRapids / scoringRapids) in the CUTSEC and SCOSEC variables.
- The material cutting speed. You should ideally put the exact speed that you use to cut the material in real life, then adjust the previous two factors to match it as closely as possible.
Part Engraving Seconds (ENGSEC) represents how much time your machine spends raster engraving. This comes from the
engravingTime values returned by the Smidyo API. You can calibrate this time by adjusting these parameters in the Connect API action on the “Estimate price” button.
- You can adjust the machine’s acceleration with the
rasterAccelerationparameter. For a quick machine like a Trotec, this can be set higher. For a slower cutting-focused machine, this can be set lower.
- You can also adjust how the machine behaves between every scanline with the
rasterOvershootparameters. rasterTurnDelay sets the time (in seconds) your machine pauses when engraving one scanline to the next.
rasterOvershootsets how far (in millimeters) the machine moves past the furthest extremity of the raster engraving.
- The engraving speed and engraving DPI. You should ideally put the exact speed and DPI that you use to cut the material in real life, then adjust the previous two factors to match it as closely as possible.
If you only offer cutting, it’s very easy to remove the engraving & scoring aspects of the calculator.
- Remove the scoring & engraving color assignment elements
- On the Connect API action of the “Estimate price” button, remove the
- In the Variable Panel, remove the ENGSEC, SCOSEC, ENGSPEED, SCOSPEED, ENGPRICE and SCOPRICE variables.
- Finally, remove the SCOPRICE and ENGPRICE variables from the UNITP variable.
The great thing about the ConvertCalculator builder is that your imagination sets the limits. This allows you to implement the Smidyo API in any way you wish. The template is merely an example of one standard implementation.
Here are some example ideas:
- Calculate shipping weight based on material density and part size
- Offer pre-cut sheets from the material drop-down
- Multiple-stage material selection, with preview images of the materials
- Integration with an e-commerce system to create a fully automated laser manufacturing web-shop
If this sounds complex, we also offer our Concierge Service, where we build the calculator for you. You can use the calculator above to get an instant quote on how much it will cost!
Is this laser shop pricing template not what you are looking for?
Photography Order Form
Cake Order Form Template
Catering Order Form
Simplify Online Sales for Coffee Companies!
Amortization Schedule Calculator
Solar lead generation funnel
Late Enrollment Penalty (LEP) Calculator - Part D
Screen Printing Price Lookup
Laser Shop Pricing
Typeform Lead Form
Solar potential with external data
Solar Power Calculator
Hero lead gen
Lead Generation Quote Calculator
Screen Printing Lead Generation Form
Legendary Screen Printing Cost Quote Companion
Screen-printing quote generator
Printing cost calculator
Pricing page 2
FAIR salary calculator
Screen printing price quote calculator
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Visual Handbag Configurator
Amazon Growth Calculator
Business Loan Calculator
Home Affordability Calculator
ROI Calculator Real Estate
WBSO 2022 Voordeel Calculator (Dutch)
T-shirt pricing calculator
Pricing page example
Solar Lead Generation Calculator
Amazon ROI calculator
Calculate Cubic Yards
eBook download form
Courier Price Quote Calculator
Hourly Rate Calculator
Custom Cake Order Form
Personality Test Demo
Building cost calculator
Remodeling Project Price Calculator
Car Rental Form
House Painting Price Quote Calculator
Music Artist Booking Form
Farmers Market Online Order System
Cocktail Delivery Form
Bakery Online Order System
Carpet Cleaning Price Calculator
Ticket Registration Form
Generate better leads with lead qualification tools
Car Loan Calculator
Chair visual product configurator
Event Planner Price Quote Calculator
Wedding Photography Quote Calculator template
Sunglasses Product Configurator
Videography price quote