If your calculator is part of an existing flow of data inputs, there might be times when you want to set a default value of a question based on the data you already gathered from this user. A commonly used example is the email address field, which is sometimes known ahead of time.
ConvertCalculator supports setting these default question values by using query parameters. Here's how it works:
- Go to the question settings you want pre-filled
- In a question's logic settings, toggle on the switch "Set default value from query parameter"
- Fill out the name of the query parameter (e.g. email address)
Make sure you use the query parameter in your link. E.g: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Now when a user clicks on this link, the calculator shows up with the email question pre-filled with "email@example.com"
- The query parameter is ?firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you have multiple query parameters, make sure to separate them with the &-symbol. Eg. https://email@example.com&name=Micheal
You can also use values from one calculator, inputs, and formulas, in other calculators. Please see this example below (which is also available as a template).